Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ben's post

I'm Ben Dodson and I am a freshmen taking classes through Columbus State and Ohio State, majoring in business. I went to Olentangy Orange High School and competed on the football and wrestling team, in which I started my senior year of football, and went to districts my senior year of wrestling. I really enjoy going to concerts and seeing new musicians and bands that have unique styles of music. I've seen many bands and musicians, including Tame Impala, Edward Sharpe, Milo Greene, and Jeff Mangum. Though, my preference in music is really not limited to one genre considering I also listen to to many folk and punk based bands and artists.

My favorite buckeye moment was being at the Ohio State vs Wisconsin football game a few years ago where with only about a minute left to play in the game, Braxton Miller threw a ridiculous pass while being chased out of bounds, for a touchdown, to win the game. I remember everyone rushing the field, happier then ever, because not only had Ohio State pulled off a huge victory but they had also received a win that was desperately needed, due to the terrible season they were having. My favorite buckeye would have to be Mike Vrabel because he was a great linebacker for Ohio State and  at the beginning of a few of my high school football seasons he came and talked to us about how hard work and dedication will help you reach your goals, which truly inspired me to work harder.
 

5 comments:

  1. Ben, i am really jealous that you got to run out onto the field after a big buckeye win. Must have been a great expierience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben you're so lucky you got to experience that football game! I also love Tame Impala.. especially their song "Elephant" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at that game! It was incredible! So much fun rushing the field :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben, I also was at that game. Everyone I was with wanted to go, however I convinced them to stay and it payed off. Have you ever met Mike Vrabel? Good guy, and super intense. Big fan of baseball surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ben I wrestled in high school as well. It's really cool that you did too; I wonder if I ever saw you wrestle against anyone I know. What weight classes did you wrestle?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.