Hi! Im Macy Nauman and I'm the girl who has been training guide dogs for the past seven years. I got involved with the organization Guiding Eyes for the Blind. It is a non profit organization out of New York. After receiving an eight week old puppy,I attend classes once a week in Cleveland which is where I am from. After about a year and a half the dogs return to New York. Once in New York they spend about six months in harness training before being partnered with a blind person. I have raised three dogs myself. Two yellow labs Jiffy and Basil and a black lab Briana.
My favorite buckeye is probably Brutus. I chose Brutus because everyone knows who he is but he also cheers everyone up. It is not often that you see anything OSU related without Brutus attached. Brutus adds spunk to all sports events. You cannot watch an entire game without seeing him dancing around and trying to get people to cheer.
pictured: Basil and Jiffy
pictured: Briana
Love that your favorite buckeye is Brutus! He's awesome.
ReplyDeleteYou're dogs are adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was in Florida I visited a place where they have all the puppies who were going to be guide dogs. I would never want to give the dog up!!
ReplyDeleteYour dogs are so cute! I loved how you said Brutus adds spunk, so true!
ReplyDelete