Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Kevin's First Post

My name is Kevin Murray.
I went to Upper Arlington High School in Columbus. Usually when I tell people who have heard about UA, they automatically assume I am wealthy and an arrogant snob which is true for most of the people but I am neither of those. I've learned to just tell people I'm from Columbus and stop there.

I am in a band called Midnight Coast with my three closest friends. We have been writing and performing for about two years and have produced an EP and, most recently, our full length album. I have been playing all sorts of instruments for most of my life. I play guitar mainly but I also dabble at piano, bass, and ukulele. The first guitar I got years ago was a Gibson Les Paul Studio with a semi-hollow mahogony body. I recently snapped the neck of this guitar by mistake. Luckily, a friend of mine was selling a 2008 Rickenbacker with a glossy fireglo red body. As it turns out, this is a much better guitar anyway and my Les Paul will be fixed shortly.

One of the reasons I became interested in music is due mainly to the fact that I am terribly unathletic. I have also had a strong musical and guitar influence through my dad my entire life. One of my hobbies is searching for new music almost every day. I try to find a new band weekly and share that music with my friends. It helps to be around friends who have the same taste in music that I do. My favorite band is Twenty One Pilots from Columbus who are also a big influence to the music I write and the way I perform on stage.

I don't know too many influential Buckeyes but I do like Gordan Gee because he can rock a bow tie and was very connected with all the students and staff throughout the University. Unfortunately, he retired the year I became a student.

4 comments:

  1. I went to school with Josh Dun from the Twenty One Pilots. (Tree of Life) He is an awesome guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good narrative man, and i agree anybody that can rock a bow tie is doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gordon Gee it's also funny one of my best friends name is Kevin Murray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you like to find a new band each week! You're totally right about Gee and the bow ties... Good choice.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.