Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Post: Emma Hardesty



Hello! My name is Emma Hardesty. I am a Freshman at OSU and my current major is Visual Communications and Design. I grew up in Powell, but I now live in Delaware so attending school at this branch is extremely convenient. I am also very close to my family and sisters so staying home another year is comfortable for me. My Fun Fact is that I was diagnosed with scoliosis a few years ago. I have a 14 degree curve in my lower spine which causes me to have occasional back spasms, pain, and awful posture. However; this never held me back from playing both Varsity soccer and basketball in high school. I've always loved soccer more, but I played basketball too because it has been a big part of my family for years. Both my dad and grandpa coached at the high school level for several years while being teachers at different schools. 

My favorite Buckeye story is not one memory in particular. Growing up my family always bonded over OSU football and basketball games. When I was in middle school I started to really enjoy watching football in general. One day, my dad got tickets for us both and took me to my first home OSU football game. The buckeyes played Wisconsin that day, and lost. Nevertheless, I had an unforgettable experience with my dad and at that point I began looking forward to becoming a buckeye. My dad is my favorite buckeye because he inspires me to get through college at OSU, like he did, and chase after my dreams. I hope that I can make him proud. 

This is a picture of my sister Claire and I

1 comment:

  1. Emma, your dad is truly a great guy and he is a awesome person to aspire to.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.