Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chris Evans blog post

Hi class my name is Chris Evans. I'm currently a student at both Ohio State and Columbus State, and I'm planning on being a business major. Something unique about me is that I was able to go to Africa this summer on a missions trip. I really learned a lot while I was there, and I can't believe some the conditions that people lived with there. I stayed in an orphanage where I helped out with projects and got to build relationships with the kids there. It was amazing to be a part of their lives even if it was only for a short amount of time. While I was in Africa I was also fortunate enough to get to play with lions. I started out playing with little cubs that were only a few weeks old which were really harmless, but I ended up playing with some of the older lions who were 4-5 months old, and I left that encounter with many bruises and even a bite that bled!

My favorite buckeye story is when I went to the Ohio State vs. Michigan game at the horseshoe. It was an experience I will never forget. To be in the stadium with 110,000 all screaming and cheering for the Buckeyes was insane. I remember all of comments made and the trash talk that was involved. It really was a pivotal moment in my life, and it made me realize that this is where I wanted to go to school and ultimately begin my career here. 

1 comment:

  1. Chris, great post and your stories of lions in Africa and the impact of your mission trip are engaging and I think life-changing! Nice to have you in class and welcome to the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.