The thing that struck me the most was the fact that they told us the process that our food goes through before it is put into the store. This really struck me because I did not realize how brutal they were to the animals. Especially the scene where they threw all of the baby chicks into a pact and were just dumping them out of boxes on top of other chicks. I also did not realize how they keep the animals in such small living spaces. This was astonishing and hard to watch being a person that really loves animals. Another thing that struck me was how many antibiotics they feed the animals. Its so gross and its hard to believe that we eat that food. It almost makes you want to become a vegetarian.
There was a quote that really stood out to me at the beginning of the film. I forget who said it but the quote was that "Americans fear inconvenience". I completely agree with this statement. Most Americans, including myself, do not think about how our food is made or where it comes from. We just buy the food from the grocery store and go on about our business. If we had to grow our own food to survive I believe most Americans wouldn't survive due to the convenience of going to the grocery store to buy our food. This is becoming a big problem and I am not sure if it will ever change. I think more people need to think about the foods we eat and the process behind how our food is made. I know for sure that I will.
I feel the same way about how the animals are treated so badly, its nasty. I agree with you on the idea of almost becoming a vegetarian, but only almost. We all buy =, just to buy and that is a major problem, i agree with you.
ReplyDeleteAfter watching that film I want to become a vegetarian myself! What those animals are fed can't be healthy and then we end up eating it. I also do not think some people could survive if they had to produce their own food.
ReplyDeleteI agree with how animals are treated.. it makes me sad to see their living conditions and ways they are treated or even what they are injected with. I wish I was more aware of the background of the food I buy such as where it came from, how the animal was treated, what all was in it. It makes me wonder what it would be like to go back to the time where most people grew their own food and didn't have access to it the second they wanted it.
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad how the animals are treated on those massive farms. Everything they are fed is so unhealthy for them. Watching the film has me really considering vegetarianism or at least learning more about where my food, protein especially, comes from.
ReplyDeleteThe thing that struck me was the way the baby chickens were mis treated. Such an awful thing to see and such an awful way to conduct your business. Thoes fast food chains should be ashamed
ReplyDelete