Monday, December 2, 2013

My Declaration of Independence- Kelsey Rose

Independence to me carries more than one meaning.
To me independence is formed by experience,
From growing up and adapting to new surroundings.
Moving to a new place and starting over has shaped me.
Ive began my new journey which encompasses many paths.
These experiences help shape my independence,
These experiences are bad, they make me question where I'm going.

College is a place to make new memories,
A time when you are set free.
A first look at my independence is exhilarating yet petrifying.
I feel as though I'm flying through life like an eagle,
I feel like a newborn turtle trying to find my way on the sands of life with millions of seagulls trying to stop me from achieving greatness.
I want to know where I'm going,
Not reminded of where I came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.