http://www.mandatory.com/2012/06/20/10-incredible-pow-survival-stories/
Composition in the modern world at The Ohio State University.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
POW Story-Zach Padovan
While i was doing my research for this post i came across something that has always been very mysterious and interesting to me when it came to war. The subjet that interest me so much is stories people have as prisinors of war. I came across a man while doing my research and his story is incredible. This mans name is Nick Rowe. Nick was working special forces with his team in the vietnam war when his squad fell under an ambush. nick was separated from his team and taken by the enemy. When in captivity they tortured this man by staking him by a body of water and let insects feast on his body while he just lay there helpless. If that isn't enough they then took him off the stake and brought him with them so that he could be executed. Knowing this would happen Nick fought off some of his captors and in the process disarmed them and ran to an extraction point where he signaled to an american helicopter to pick him up. This story spoke to me because it tells just what a person will do when his life is on the line. this man is a true American hero and an influence to all Americans to never give up and keep fighting. I couldn't imagine what it must have been like for Nick going through all of this awful torture, and then escape and disarm the people that were trying to kill him. there are many stories that can be found on this website i recommend going through each one. They are interesting, powerful, and inspiring and you will not be dissapointed.
http://www.mandatory.com/2012/06/20/10-incredible-pow-survival-stories/
http://www.mandatory.com/2012/06/20/10-incredible-pow-survival-stories/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is an incredible story. i cant imagine the pain and suffering he went through having to watch and let these insects feast on his body. It is very inspiring to read about people who fight for our country and what they go through to help our country. Its very courageous how he was able to fight off the enemy and return to safety. What an amazing story!
ReplyDeleteThese stories are always amazing. I can't imagine what I would do if I was caught in a situation like this. It takes true bravery to be able to escape something like that and few people have the ability to acquire that bravery. It's inspiring to hear about these feats.
ReplyDeleteThat is truly and incredible story. To hear of a man who was a few short minutes from death was able to disarm his enemy and signal for help is amazing. The part about him being tourtured was awful but you captured it so well.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is such an amazing story! I can't imagine the amount of courage it would take to fight off the enemy to get help would be. The amount of bravery he has for putting up with what happened. WHen it talks about him being tortured I got chills, such a scary time for him.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an amazing story. It makes you think how you would react in that situation and do what these veterans have done. It takes a lot of courage from these men and not too many people have it.
ReplyDeleteWow this story is remarkable. I cant imagine the strength it took to do that. He is truly brave for his actions.
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing, I can't even imagine what he went through when he was in captivity. The determination and focus that this must have taken is truly mindblowing.
ReplyDeleteThese stories are always amazing to read and it brings me pride, knowing that there are people like Nick Rowe. I am glad to see that the might of America's military still holds there standards high to training outstanding men and women.
ReplyDeleteWow what an amazing story. It shows the bravery our soldiers have. Their pride for America. I wish i had his strength.
ReplyDelete