Thursday, October 10, 2013

Syria - Macy

     At this point in time Syria is battling a Civil War. The rebels are fighting against the President because they want him to resign. It started as a peaceful anti protest and now has adopted the use of violence and chemical weapons. To this day the people of Syria are still unsure about who is responsible for the chemical weapons. On the 21st of August in Ein Tarma there was a chemcial attack. This attack was the deadliest attack of this Syrian conflict. This was the most significant use of chemical weapons since Saddam Hussein used. 

     Although there is talk about the United States getting involved with the War in Syria, I do not believe we should get involved. It is time that the US steps back. We always get involved in other people's conflicts when it is not that important. If we get involved we could just cause more problems for the country. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23927399

6 comments:

  1. Macy, for one i really like your image. It is very interesting to see that. Also, just for conversation sake, if you think we should get involved, what kind of image does that send to other countries? What does that mean for our stance on crimes against humanity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the United States shouldn't get involved. Based on the picture, if we did intervene, Syria would use its chemical weapons, which would only make things worse for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about the same thing!! I think this is truly sad that chemical weapons are involved. I also agree we should not get involved in this war.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I for sure agree with you that we should not get involved with Syria. The thought of messing with possible threats of chemical weapons makes me really scared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the fact that we shouldn't get involved in Syria. Even though chemical weapons are wrong and shouldn't be used on their own people Syria's problem should not be our problem. We, as the United States, wouldn't want anyone getting involved with our internal problems, so why should we do that to others. Only when they ask should we intervene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am divided on whether or not the U.S should get involved with syria. it is a very sensitive topic and I can easily see each side in regards to getting involved and not getting involved.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.