Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Zach Padovan-KKK

The KKK stands for Ku Klux Klan and this was an organization that formed in opposition to the civil rights movement. The KKK is a group that believes that white christian Americans are the predominant and superior race to all others. During the rival rights movement the KKK would riot against actions taken by civil rights protestors. Often the KKK would preform violent acts against blacks or anyone who was protesting for civil rights.

The KKK wore robes and masks to hide their identities. sometimes the KKK would claim to be the ghosts of dead confederate soldiers from the rival war to try and intimidate superstitious blacks.
this group of people were responsible for the deaths of many Americans. The KKK was an extremely violent group that terrorized the black communities that were rooted in the dual south. they prayed on blacks that couldn't defend themselves because of the sheer numbers the Ku Klux Klan had.

Doing research for this topic proved to be interesting but also very depressing. These men rode around and murdered hundreds of blacks and were more than likely not punished for such actions. why really is interesting is that this organization still exists in our world today. People who believe that white christian people are "better" and superior to anyone else. the KKK now is nonviolent but the fact that it is still around raises a lot of concern.



6 comments:

  1. The Ku Klux Klan has always interested me. I never knew that they sometimes claimed to be the ghosts of confederate soldiers. I agree that the fact they still exist today although they are nonviolent is a concern because they still consider themselves to be better than others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The KKK has been the most gruesome group ive heard of. To kill innocent people because of their race is unreal. The things they did had nothing to do with what their religion is. You dont just simply burn a cross if you are a christian.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The KKK is an organization that I would like to learn more about. It was crazy how brutal they were. I also didn't know they claimed to be ghosts of the dead confederate soldiers. I also agree that this group would be depressing to research. The violence they portrayed was incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very interesting that the KKK still exists today, but shocking that they had killed many people and getting away with it. I think it had to do with the amount of people in the KKK including some government like the police sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the past, learning about the KKK has deeply interested me, but also frightened me. I just cannot fathom how people could act this way towards people they do not even know or attempt to make peace with. I don't want to think about the number of innocent people who lost their lives to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The KKK was always something I found interesting to learn about. That seems so morbid to say, but I just try to see how they could justify such horrible acts. I had no idea that they had once claimed to be the ghosts of dead confederate soldiers. Sad that they are still in existence today, even if they claim to be peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.