I don't think the United States should be getting involved at this moment. I think we should try to help as much as we can without sending our troops in to take action. We just got out of a very long war and lost too many American lives. Although the United States getting involved in Syria could possibly help eliminate chemical weapons, it could also cause more conflict and get us in something we didn't intend to getting involved with. America wants peace, and getting in this conflict is not the right step. President Barack Obama is making the right decision to leave it up to congress to make the decision. The people believe congress will act accordingly. Of course what's going on in Syria is a tragedy But its time we step back is stay concerned with ourselves first.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/09/03/should-the-the-u-s-strike-syria-these-are-the-five-smartest-arguments/
I completly agree that the US should help, but not by sending our troops over to fight. You are right we should step back and worry about ourselves for litte while.
ReplyDeleteI don't completely agree with you that the US should help, even if we don't send troops over there, I believe there should be no interaction unless they're hurting the US or our allies. Our government has just shutdown recently, it would only cause more money problem for us in the future. It's a civil war, the country's outcome should be decided by Syria itself.
ReplyDeleteFor one, President Obama did not leave it up to Congress. He sent Secretary of Defense John Kerry to speak on the US behalf on several occasions at peace summits and UN hearings, along with negotiations with Russia. His message while he was there was pro involvement in Syria. Also, What message does that send to the rest of the world? I think it shows our inability to act and this could be exploited in years to come.
ReplyDeleteExcuse me, Secretary of State
ReplyDelete