Rick Rescorla was 62 year old veteran of the Army. He worked on the 44th floor of the World Trade Center. After hearing the explosion of the second plane Rick escorted over 1,000 employees out of the building using his blow horn and his military background. Rick calmed many people by singing a song called the "Men of Harlech" which is a Welch song which he sang to his troops years ago. Rick had a moment in time to speak to his wife to say, "Stop crying. I have to get these people out safely. If something should
happen to me, I want you to know I've never been happier. You made my
life." He was last seen running up to the 10th floor before the tower collapsed. This man is the true hero. He risked his life to save many more.
I knew that there were some people who risked their lives for others but this man went above and beyond. He ignored the orders to stay in the office and led many people to safety. The fact that you can be so selfless and save people before yourself is something that many of us wouldn't do.
I will always put others before myself for now on. That should be something that everyone should do.
Put people first.


That's really amazing that he helped a lot of people, a true hero. He not only helped people but also kept them calm during all the chaos. I couldn't imagine being his wife and hearing him say those words its truly heartbreaking.
ReplyDeleteRick Rescorla is a true hero and knew his duty to try to safe them people if it's possible also work above ahead to the 10th floor to be sacrifice indeed of faith. Rick choose not to leave alone safely but try to rescue along every one safely. It's a great honor to remember rick Rescorla legacy.
ReplyDeleteWhile reading this, I literally got the chills. Rick Rescorla already served his country as a soldier, and now was serving the duty of the people during the chaos. I can only image, that if there were only a few more people as courageous and duty bound as Rick, how many more lives could have been saved that day.
ReplyDelete