Monday, September 9, 2013

Chris Evans Exploration 3

I learn best when I'm actually given the opportunity to do whatever i'm trying to learn and I fail at it the first time, and then after I fail am instructed on why I failed and what I could do better to not make the same mistakes again. One thing I remember learning early on was how to build a computer. I learned by watching my friend do something and I allowed him to explain to me why he did that, and then I tried.

The purpose of getting an education is to make yourself the best you can be. Today the job market is very competitive and people think that it's necessary to have a college degree to get a good job and make a lot of money. I don't think that people should go to college and go into debt just because  society tells them they have to; to be successful. I believe the purpose of getting an education is because you genuinely want to make yourself better and learn more about the world around you.

An education means that you are more prepared for what is to come. It means that you will know how to handle situations that you probably wouldn't be able to otherwise. I optimistic about my future because no matter what I do; I know that if I commit to it fully and hold nothing back I will be successful by the standards I have set for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I agree with you that education should be based on your self drive. You and only you, should want to better yourself and be prepared for the future. I believe it is a crucial part of leaving your impact on society. It should be what separates you from the person next to you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.