Thursday, September 5, 2013

Education (Sarah Butts)

In my elementary school we had to take a short quiz on the ways that we feel comfortable in learning. My way of learning is characterized as Kinesthetic which is a way of learning through physical activity rather than a lecture or demonstration. So when I sit in a classroom my mind can go into every direction and its difficult for me to grasp some content. So through my learning stye of physical activity when I had a life science class in the 7th grade I learned the most. We dissected anything my teacher could find and did many labs. I got an easy A in that class because I learned by what I could use my sensors with.

In my perceptive, I believe that getting an education means that you are serious about your placement in the world and you have a desire to become something that will make a difference. When you decide to get an education you decide that you want to stand out above the rest and you strive to become something greater. 

To be able to do what I want to do I have to have an education so this route is the route I have to take. My moms side is all about proving yourself and getting an education is something in their minds of a priority. I do get concerned in what I'm doing with college, like if I'm going to fail or let people down; but I know that if I strive to do my best I will be fine.

3 comments:

  1. I am the same way when it comes to learning i also need some type of physical interaction to learn to my full potential. its so cool that this way of learning actually has a specific name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinesthetic is the word I was looking for! We're both hands-on type of people. I also believe that if we continue our education we must be serious and try our best to do something with it! That's the only way to get ahead anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you say that education means that you are "serious about your placement in the world"! That is so true, especially since now a days people almost have to have a college degree to get a well paying job. And I'm afraid to let down my family as well, but working hard and doing your best is all that matters! Good luck, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.