Thursday, September 5, 2013

Exploration 3 - Ellie

I learn best, as a student, when there is classroom interaction. I work better in groups where we can talk things out and get a better understanding on what we're learning. I also learn well with pictures or a hands-on activity. My 8th grade year we had a test coming up where we had to memorize all the presidents. Our teacher showed us the nickelodeon president's song. Since I love music, I memorized this song quick and aced the test. 

I feel the purpose of getting an education is to further yourself in life. You hear some success stories of people who become millionaires with only a high school degree. For some people, that may work but for me I believe going to college or having education in general expands your mind and keeps it going.

I am very optimistic about my future even though I have no idea what it is yet. I'm thinking of going into law and possibly becoming a paralegal or lawyer. But you can be 60 years old and still not know what the rest of your future holds. Whatever I end up doing I'm confident I'll put forth my best work and become successful!


3 comments:

  1. I am the same way. Its hard for me to sit in a classroom and not do anything. Learning songs helped me also. At the time it was all of the books of the bible. Aced it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like working in groups! And I am so incredibly jelous that I never learned the Nickelodeon president song; it sounds absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought your picture was really funny! I think you're spot on when you say that you can be 60 years old and not know what your future holds. I think it is just important to take one day at a time and cherish each day. You still have time to make up your mind on what you want to do. I think as long as your optimistic everything will fall into place!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.