Monday, September 23, 2013

Exploration 5 - Ellie


“No he’s coming home.”
“He’s not answering.”
“Shit, he didn’t leave yet.”
Tanya Villanueva Tepper’s story affected me the most. That moment when she was calling Sergio’s phone and got nothing but his answering machine, that’s a heart stopping moment. Once Tanya learned that Sergio would never return home after a few years she decided to start dating again but she said, “It felt like betrayal.” Eventually Tanya started dating Ray who then proposed. It took her a while to come to terms with her new life. “It’s time now. To let go. There’s so much pain in those words.” Tanya had to make a new life for herself and by doing that she became so strong and I really connected with her. She was very emotional and you could tell how much Sergio really meant to her. 

The use of a time-lapse was phenomenal. Everyone’s story and emotion all flowed together as the years went on. In the beginning everyone was upset and mad at what had happened. Then as time continues we see how they cope and try to move on. By the end of the film, everyone has in a way moved on but also carries the past with them. They seem more forgiving. As the viewers we were able to see their lives after that tragic day.

From this film I learned to live and love everyone everyday. In an instant your life can change and loved ones could be gone. Cherish the moments you have because it could disappear in a blink of an eye. But also look forward. I learned that things get worse before they get better and we saw that in this film. But eventually we all find happiness, we just have to keep our heads up and eyes open. Look forward to everyday we’re given. 

6 comments:

  1. Although I had chose Nicholas Chirls to be the person that affected me the most, Tanya was also a very inspirational story. One of the quotes that had got to me was "I'm afraid to show people I'm happy now, because is sort of negates what happened". It showed the hardship she had to go through and I had also liked how she still had been in contact with Sergio's family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you when you said it was heart stopping when Tanya called Sergio and he didn't pick up. I thought it was nice to see Tanya move on in life and start dating, Sergio would have wanted that. I like how you said life could change in an instant because i feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about when said it was heart-stopping when you quoted Tanya's realization that Sergio wasn't coming home. I can't imagine the pain in realizing that someone you love so much was suddenly gone. I thought it was great that after all the years of pain and suffering she was able to move forward and start a family with Ray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I chose Nick, I think Tanya's story was special. She lost her future, the man she was to spend the rest of her life with. It was inspirational how she could over come everything she went through without forgetting/replacing sergio and have her own family and be able to love again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tanya's story effected me the most as well. I think it was uplifting when she began to date again and fell in love with Ray. I felt happy for her in that, even though she said her grief will always be with her, and she can still live a life of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I chose Ling's story, Tanya's had just as much pain and suffering, but rather through the loss of someone that was deeply loved by her. The quotes you chose were definitely ones I would have picked as well. Especially, when at the beginning she described her experience of finding out what truly happened to Sergio. You could really see the emotion pouring out her, knowing that Sergio wasn't coming back.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.