What stuck out most to me was the strength that Kevin's wife had after he died. I find her ability to maintain his position as a parent, even when he is gone, inspiring. I think it's important to be remembered as good person for obvious reasons. Kevin is remembered as having a tremendous sense of humor and a strong religious faith. His story inspires me to make people laugh and be positive all the time no matter what.
Composition in the modern world at The Ohio State University.
Thursday, September 12, 2013
Kevin James Murphy
Kevin Murphy died at the age of 40. He was a claims consultant at Marsh and McLennan Cos. Inc. and was from Northport, NY. Kevin was most known for his kindness and ability to make people easily laugh. Kevin left behind a wife and two children, Connor and Caitlyn. Kevin's wife left his green Honda in the driveway of their home for years after as a way to remind the children that their father would always be home with them. Eventually the car was sold though and the kids learned of their father's death. The tribute says that his wife "finds herself stepping in to try and do all the 'Dad' things often asking herself, 'What would Kevin do?' This reminds me of the same situation Claire was in The Submission.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I really like how you tied this post back to the novel "The Submission". I agree that with your post about how similar Kevin's wife has the same situation as Clair. It really is heartbreaking to hear that Kevin left behind two kids and a wife. It's really uplifting to know that Kevin will be remembered for great qualities like the ability to make people laugh.
ReplyDeleteI really liked how you tied in "The Submission." Claire was such a strong person in the book and it seems like Kevin's wife was that way too. I think that is probably how a lot of wives had to be after the incident. They didn't have a choice, they had to be two parents and carry on even though they felt so much pain. I think it really shows how strong of a person Kevin's wife is.
ReplyDelete