Yorker she was super friendly and would talk to anyone. Her and her husband had been
married for three months and they commuted daily from their home to work. She worked
as a sales person for the company Sandler O'Neill and Partners. She was always a woman
who focused more on marriage than a career. Her friend talked about how they used to go
and crash weddings just to get ideas for their own.
On September 11, 2001 Christina and her husband were waiting on the contract for their
dream home. Unfortunately, Christina did not survive the horrible terrorist attack.
This story saddens me. All 9/11 stories are sad but this one really touched me. I find myself
a lot like Christina. She always dreamed of married life and her love for weddings and so
do I. The fact that her life was taken from her so soon after her marriage is heart breaking. I
learned that you never know when life will be short so don't live for the future live in the
moment. I also learned everyone who was a victim of 9/11 never thought they would be so
while you have the chance to tell people how much they mean to you while you can.
I totally agree with the fact that it is really sad that her life was taken from her shortly after she got married. I cant even imagine the amount of pain her husband was in learning that she did not survive. She also seemed like a down to earth woman always saying hi to everyone and being friendly. Her story is very inspirational because just like her, everyday innocent people were killed in this horrible tragedy.
ReplyDeleteI connect with her a lot too! I believe family should always come before work. It's very sad to think she was only married for 3 months. Every girl imagines her dream wedding and the married life that follows it, it's not fair her life was taken too soon.
ReplyDeleteI can relate with Christina as well. It's awful how her married life was just beginning. I've learned by reading all of the 9/11 stories that you really can't take life for granted and tomorrow is never promised.I agree that we should let people know how much they mean to us while we are able.
ReplyDeleteI agree this was sad, it's sad to know someone so friendly who could talk to anyone and most likely make a person's or strangers day could pass away. I think the people around her will be affected a lot, but her husband of 3 months would feel the worst amount of pain.
ReplyDeleteLike Christina, my hero was also an advocate of family over career. Her innocence saddens me deeply and that Christina only got to live out her dream for a few short lived months. It is a shame that so many young dreams and aspirations were destroyed during the attack
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to Christina. She seems like such an incredible and loving person. I can relate to her in the way that I dream of a big white wedding and having a family one day. I think family before work is a beautiful and innocent thing and shows how innocent she was. It's so sad that beautiful people like herself could not live their dream because of the attacks.
ReplyDelete