Thursday, September 5, 2013

Education - Jia Li He

A way I learn best is something that is simple, I have to have interest in what I'm going to learn, otherwise, it would be very hard for me to learn, I have to engage myself in the subject if I actually want to learn something. I can't just go to class and listen to the professor talk and take notes of something that doesn't interest me, some of it might stick to my mind, but most of it wouldn't. I tell myself that education isn't something to take lightly of, I have to force myself to pay attention, take good notes of what I think would matter in the subject and have thoughts of what I'm actually putting on paper so it sticks. A time I felt I learned something really well was when I was in  7th grade in English class. I had listened and actually understood what they teacher was saying, I had confidence in my work and interacted with the teacher rather than just sit quietly and let other student answer, and this engagement also helped me because I taught me if what I was thinking was right or wrong.

The purpose of getting an education to me is to get further in life, the be more successful and make a change in the world. I know that some of the richest people didn't complete their education, but they were inventors, they had ideas to change the world, they pursued it, but many aren't like them. I think many people need a degree in order to succeed in life with the few exceptions. An education helps give the brain more knowledge. It makes people less ignorant.

What an education means to me in the future is to hopefully live a successful happy life. That hopefully finishing college will get me a safe secure job that is enough to support me and a family I want. I think I would be optimistic about my path of education because, I know I want to finish my college life, but I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up, I have an open mind of choices I can choose from, whether it's engineering, business, or something with computers, I definitely think an education is important for me to achieve in life.

6 comments:

  1. Interest plays a huge role in how i learn as well. If something doesnt interest me then i will eventually zone out. Its important for students to find something in each subject that interests them so they can be motivated to learn. Otherwise, nothing will get done or things will be too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being interested in the information being learned is a huge part for me when learning. If i don't find the material interesting i find myself just being present and not fully understanding it. I too want an education to live a happy life and also have a chance to change the world for the better if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have trouble with learning things that to not interest me. I have to be interested in it or relate the work to my life in order to atain the information. I also have to take good notes and push myself to learn information well. Ive had to push myself the last few weeks to get my work done. I also hope to get a good job that I can support my family with that I hope to have oneday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being interested in something is a huge factor in how well I learn something! I need to like it to learn it. If it's not interesting I have that mentality of "who cares?" and "when will I ever use this?" It is a struggle because not everything is going to be interesting so you really have to push yourself to get the work done and to try and care. It can be a big hassle and struggle. I want to get an education to lead a happy life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, if I am not interested in a subject it goes in one ear and out the other. If I am interested I could learn for days! Keep pushing for your dream and the education will be much easier. Good luck choosing a major, make sure it is the one you really want to make yourself happy with the rest of your life! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, if I am not interested in a subject it goes in one ear and out the other. If I am interested I could learn for days! Keep pushing for your dream and the education will be much easier. Good luck choosing a major, make sure it is the one you really want to make yourself happy with the rest of your life! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.