I personally learn the best by physically doing something. I participated in model UN in high school and in order to learn about and understand my assigned country I would try to immerse myself in their culture. When I was on team India, for example, my team wore traditional India sarees and even performed an interpretive dance of the five elements at the Springfield Hindu Festival. That being said, I learn the best by doing, it helps me understand more in depth since I love to understand what makes things happen not just the subject. I like to broaden out.
I think the purpose to getting an education is to well... become educated. I think that when you educate yourself you become more understanding of the world around you. Well-educated people, I think, are typically the people who understand the world the most. They understand the value of culture and society. I think that education cultures you. The experience you gain from education is priceless. You grasp the world and learn to understand why things are the way they are. Learning leads to experiences and experiences lead to culture. Being a cultured person is so important because it means that you respect different things and accept them although they are different.
Education is going to make my future. I am very optimistic for my future because I know that an education is dire to being the person I want to be come. School has always been something I loved so gaining an education is necessary. I want to be a high end resort event planner for either the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons so in order to do that I need a degree. I am majoring in Hospitality Management and I think that this degree with the proper internships will get me where I need to be. I need to learn so that way I don't get bored. I like to stimulate my brain so I will always be learning new things forever. I need to get an education to make my dream come true so that is what I will do to make it happen.

I agree with the fact that the best way I can learn is being interactive and physically doing something. i cant listen to a lecture and actually atain the information. i also need an education to fufill my dream of becoming a veterinarian. i am determined to fufill my dream just like you are.
ReplyDeleteI learn the same way through physically doing something. I wish my high school would have had model UN. Our boys school did and it always seemed so interesting. I'm jealous you had the opportunity. Hope your education gets you to your dream job!
ReplyDeleteThat's great that you're very optimistic! Positive attitude is everything! That's also great you already know that you're going into hospitality management. I was thinking of going into that for a while.. now who knows! We need education to get further in life, agree with everything you said!
ReplyDelete