Monday, September 23, 2013

Exploration Five: Rebirth

The person that affected me the most in this incredible film was Nicholas Chirls. He had lost his mother and had been neglected by his father and lived on his own. His father hadn't helped him heal correctly from losing his mother. I could see this happening to me if I had lost my mother because my father and I aren't that close. Nicholas had said " I feel that I need to work at wall street for Lennon Brothers because I should finish what she started" and this is someone I admired about him. He wants to finish what she couldn't to respect her, to show his mom that he had loved her. Another thing that stood out to me was the video clip of when Nicholas was giving his mother's speech, a bird flew and landed on his head when he said the word "mother" and let Nicholas grab the bird, like it was a sign from his mother.

I think that the time-lapse structure of this film was a great idea. It really shows how the five people had
evolved and healed from this disaster over the eight year period. It's a strength because it shows growth of moving on from this tragedy, but never forgetting what had happened. It shows their thought about what had happened in the beginning and eight years after. I think if they didn't have a time-lapse structure, they would only be able to show the grieving process and not how they healed.

The most important thing that I took from these stories was to live your life, you never know when you're going to die, it might be tomorrow. But if you were to survive a tragedy, it takes a  very long time to heal. Also you should try and bring the dead ones you loved back to life, tell their stories to others, it helps to let it out rather to keep it in.

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Nick. I also think it was sad how his dad did not let him heal correctly. I agree with you on the tine-lapse how it shows how people changed and i like how you said evolved i thunk that is a strong and powerful word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also chose Nick to talk about. I admired a lot about him too. I also thought the video clip of the bird landing on his head was a sign from his mother. It's amazing how remarkable things are. I like what you took from these stories, especially about bringing the dead back to life and telling their stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with what you said about Nick. I did not mention in mine how he wanted to finish what his mother could not and show his respect and love for her. I agree with you that was a part that stood out to me. I also think its cool to see how he evolved and healed over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story about nick's mother was big family lost. Nick was young at that time but growing and remembering his mother die in the tragic. Nick wanted his mother stay with him long life work in same place so she can be proud of her son. I agree that how mother is important.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.