Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chris Evans Sept 11. Blog post

James Cartier was a electrician's apprentice who died in the World Trade Center. He loved his family more  than anything else on the planet, and he took care of them. In fact on 9/11 he was in the South tower, and his sister Michele was in the North tower. James took the time to call his brother John to go get his sister out of the North tower. His actions saved the life of his sister. His heroic actions undoubtedly saved the life of his sister and she is eternally grateful to him for his actions. She even wrote this letter to him following his death: "
To My Brother James,

You are and always will be a one of a kind. You have touched so many lives and gave so much of yourself. You were not the kind to stand and watch things happen. You had the vision and made things happen. Your love for family showed time and time again. Knowing that I was in Tower 1, you called our brother John to find me. James, I found brother John in the crowd, because of you. I am here today, because of you. I believe that God gave you the extra time on this earth to help me. But that was your way.
You are forever in my heart. I miss you.
You are my Hero!

Love, your sister, Michele."
I find this letter to be truly inspiring because I question myself on whether I would be able to perform the actions that James did to save his sister. It's really personal to me because I have two sisters too, and I don't know what I would ever do if something happened to them and it was within my power to stop it. The story of what James did that day in the tower to save his sisters life is something that should not be forgotten and it really meant a lot to me just to learn about his heroism. Something I think I could apply to my life from doing research on James is just to value and cherish my family. To always be there to help them when they need me and to really invest in their lives to show them how much I care.
[James Cartier]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.