Thursday, September 5, 2013

Education/Exploration 3-Zach Padovan

I feel that i learn best when a classroom is more interactive and the teacher is not standing at the front of the room just spoon feed the class information.One time in a history class i had in high school we were learning about world war 1 and how most of the fighting was done in trenches. When i came into class the teacher had desks flipped over and split the class into two groups and had us pretend we were in the war and the desks simulated the trenches and how uncomfortable it must have been living and fighting in those conditions. This experience helped me understand the material much better and was fun at the same time.  In high school I learned really well in classes that were hands on and really interactive. In my opinion getting an education allows you to be successful in getting a  job after college so you can support yourself and possibly a future family. getting a higher education such as college is what allows you to find a job in the future that will make you more money and getting a college education gives you the credentials to be able to be occupied in a field that interests you.  Education means a lot to my future it means getting a good job so that I can support myself and a family one day. i am very optimistic about my future because i enjoy going to school and studying especially when it advances me towards having a career that i enjoy. At the same time however i am concerned, mostly because thinking about getting a job after college seems so far away its hard to imagine being able to do that.  I know that as long as i keep my head on straight and do well in school that I will be able to be successful in pursuing a career that is fun and interesting to me after college.

3 comments:

  1. Zach, I enjoy hearing from someone that has a different viewpoint than me on learning styles. I for one am quite fond of lecture. I could not explain to you why, and it is not that I am opposed to interactive learning. I just feel that I retain mass information well. On the other hand, if I do come into complications, I happen to struggle because lectures usually lack the hands on help. I agree with you in the sense that education pushes us to do better. To me, right now, it is preparing me for the social Darwinism of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without college education, we would not be able to focus on what we want to do with our futures. I like how you said we need to get a college education to be able to support ourselves and familys in our futures, and we want to be able to enjoy working and doing what we do or we will struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach, I agree with your claim that learning does not come as easy when the teacher "spoon feeds" the class. I believe I learn better visually, but also with hands on experiences. I think it's great that you can fondly remember a learning experience like the one you had. I also feel that actually graduating college and starting a career seems like a lifetime away, but when that time comes I'm sure we'll be ready!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.