Throughout the years I have found that I learn best in a lecture
environment. Many people do not share this same style of learning because of
the boring resuscitation; however, I have found that you get the most
information that way. I saw the benefits of this the most in my junior
year of high school, in my Anatomy & Physiology class. Medicine has always
been a great interest of mine so that was always my favorite class of the day.
I could not wait to get into the science lab filled with every stuffed varmint
and hundreds of skulls fragments. Something so simple as learning bone
processes and muscle names no longer felt like school. I felt I was moving
towards and preparing myself for my career.
To me an
education means power. It’s the idea that knowledge is something that can never
be taken away. It is what pushes people to do greater things. It also separates
us from one another and in a disturbed way, puts a value on us. This value
though is not comparable to two people; like comparing apples to oranges.
Education
means everything to me. As of now I am planning on doing the long haul into
medical school. I understand the odds against that happening and the facts on
enrollment, but I feel it is better to set a mission than a goal. Goals are
set, where as missions get accomplished. I am very optimistic about my future.
I have always told myself that once I pick an occupation I want to be an expert
at it. And I feel that my success will be measured by my understanding and
overall happiness in my work.
Having a goal is the best way to achieve what you want out of life. Go for your goal because most people are uncertain of what they want out of life.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your venture to medical school! I don't personally think I could make it that long in schooling, but I really hope that you do and that you will enjoy what you do and be successful. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteKyle, I am fascinated that you enjoy and learn best by a lecture setting. This will most likely benefit you though as you continue your college experience-- especially in the medical field! I think you make a valid point that missions are accomplished and we have to set goals first.
ReplyDelete