Monday, November 4, 2013

Ad Analysis Sarah Butts




My ad is from the famous Cesar dog food which has been categorized as the premium dog food. I don't know if you have seen these commercials before but the dog that is always eating their product is the West Highland White Terrier. For the longest time I had always assumed the food was for them but this ad disproved that and also made me laugh. Now every dog wants to be a Cesar dog! Says the Great Dane on this woman's lap!
This ad uses Pathos to show the humor of the Great Dane in the ad. The ad showed one of the biggest dogs wanting to get their product also while also showing the original dog in the corner. They used Pathos to make us laugh and also used the bright colors to show a capturing scene. Blues in ads are often called eye catchers and will bring someone in.
The ad mainly used Pathos but Ethos is represented by the credibility of what is in their product at the end. "Irresistible combinations in a variety of delicious entrees like the porterhouse steak with peas and carrots" This makes the product like you want to eat it yourself! Yummy!! I think my dog gets fed better than I do sometimes ha ha.
I think this ad exaggerates the product a little bit by how the food is so glorious and delicious. I mean am I gonna try this out for my labradoodle? Is it wrong if I buy her the dry stuff? I mean I dont know but now I kinda wanna get her this stuff! 
Eat up Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.