Thursday, November 21, 2013

Exploration Nine - Macy Nauman

I did my research on dehydration. Many people do not consider how important is to their body. Since the human body is made up of 75% water it is a critical factor in our lives.

Ways dehydration affects you:
     -causes fatigue
     -asthma and allergies
     -high cholesterol
     -bladder and kidney problems
     -constipation
     -joint pain or stiffness
     -weight gain
     -premature aging
     -high blood pressure
     -skin disorders
     -digestive disorder

Did you Know?
     -You should drink a cold glass of water as soon as you wake up
     -Our blood is 92% water, brain is 75% water, bones are 22% water, and muscles are 75% water
     -When you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated
     -If you drink cold water it can boost your metabolism and cause you to burn more calories
     -If you drink two 8 oz glasses before every meal along with cutting back on portion sizes it can aid
              in weight loss and also keep it off longer
     -A person who increases their water consumption by 1.5 liters a day would burn an extra 17,400                     calories per year this is equal to losing 5 pounds
     -A can of pop contains 35 grams of sugar and 140 calories whiles Water contains 0 grams of sugar                 and 0 calories so why not choose water?
     -An average adult loses about 10 cups of water everyday due to breathing, sweating, urinating, and                 eliminating waste


I found this article to be very interesting because I know I do not drink enough water per day. During the past few weeks I have boosted my water intake and now knowing that water helps all different parts of my body including my blood brain bones and muscles makes me realize how important water is for my health. Knowing all these facts will help me to continue drinking lots of water every day.

http://visual.ly/water

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.