The article I read by Mr. Money Mustache is titled "How big is your circle of control?". Throughout the article MMM discusses the topic of only worrying about what is necessary and you have control over fixing. He uses two circles to show examples of what is worth worrying about and what is not worth worrying about. Often people confuse the circle of concern and the circle of control. Why worry about things that you have no control over when it comes to changing them such as the weather, the economy, what he or she said, wars, etc. These are all part of the circle of concern that we have no way of fixing. Topics that belong is the circle of control include where you live, how you exercise, how you eat, where you volunteer, what you teach others, etc. If you plan on going for a bike ride but it is raining outside, why let that stop you? Suck it up put of a coat and hat and go for a bike ride. This was one of MMM examples. Do not let your concerns stop your goals.
I learned a lot from this article. Why let things that you have no control over ruin your day? When you sit down and think about it, it does not make any sense. If you allow yourself to constantly complain about things you are not going to be truly happy. You need to have control of what you can actually have control over and be thankful for what you do have. If you do this you will truly see that MMM two circles do make sense and help you to live a happier life.


I like how Mr. Money Mustache discusses this topic in one of his articles. It is crazy to think about how much we all worry about things that are way out of our control. I think it's interesting how MMM includes "your height" in the circle of concern because no one can control how tall they get. This applies to my life especially, being 5'11" tall, and I think that is quite funny.
ReplyDeleteI think MMM was right when he says to not get frustrated over the things you can't control. You're right, it makes no sense. So we might as well not fret over what we can't control. I like how he said height in the concerns. I hate being 5'1" but I can't control it. Might as well embrace it.
ReplyDeletethis is a very interesting outlook on life that i think is expressed constantly but in many different ways. this circle concept is relatively new to me but is very clear with its message. it is very easy to stress out and waste you time over thing that are not in your control however, through organization and a jolt of mental recalibration we can all live fulfilling lives like him.
ReplyDelete