Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th and current Dalai Lama, gave his Inner Peace and Human Rights speech in 1989, in response to the travesties happening in Tibet. I believe that Gyatso determined that there is a need for global human rights and peace within oneself. He expressed that people need to take responsibility for each other and the environment around us, stating that "What is important is that we make a sincere effort to take responsibility for each other and for the natural environment we live in seriously." By doing so, global peace can be obtained, and countries in need will soon prosper again.
I now understand that without inner peace, external problems will affect your life in negative ways. Within the speech he states, "Inner peace is the key: if you have inner peace, the external problems do not affect your deep sense of peace and tranquility." By obtaining inner peace and material progress, happiness will be endless.There must be a reasonable amount of both to fully receive the benefit of peace in your life. I also learned that certain nations absolutely must be supported in their cause for retaining identity an cultural heritage. What China did to Tibet before and during the cultural revolution was horrible, and needs to be prevented from ever happening again. Still to this day, China's government disrespects the Dalia Lama, with none of the Dalia Lama's proposals coming to pass. There needs to be a call to action, in which this situation will be completely handled.
The award was won by Gyatso because he truly represents the meaning of peace. His avid advocacy of displaying his beliefs through diplomatic missions is unheard of. In 1987, Gyatso even created a five point peace plan to enhance democratic relations between China and Tibet. By having forward thinking proposals to construct peace where International conflicts and human rights issues were taking place, he ultimately sealed his victory of the Nobel Peace Prize.
I find this topic to be interesting, one because it slightly mentions to take care of our natural environment and I read Al Gore's speech. Second, I think Inner peace is something people should try to achieve when they can, but I don't think many parents have a lot of time to themselves to find this inner peace, they have jobs and children to take care of.
ReplyDeletei really like this topic because i kind had clue with the about 14th , i did alot reasearch on high school.
ReplyDelete