This article was brought to my attention, initially because my family owns a Toyota Prius. My mom drives it most of the time, but ever since we purchased it a little over a year ago, there hasn’t been a serious issue.
After reading Mr. Money Mustache’s article, I was shocked by
several facts and statistics about the Toyota Prius itself and its comparison
to other vehicles. He begins the article by attempting to oust any “myths”
being created about the car, one myth in particular reads, “Prius batteries
only last about 7 years, and after that you have to scrap the entire car”. Mr.
Money Mustache then begins the article by stating, “That pushed me over the
edge. It’s time to dispel the many stupid rumors that seem to coagulate around
this rather amazing car”.
Lots of people who are looking to purchase a car and stumble
upon the Prius are quick to notice its higher cost. They wonder if the extra
money is worth it in the long run and if the car is really that reliable. Mr.
Money Mustache argues a clear and definite, yes.
For example, one staggering statistic about the Toyota
Prius, “You produce 9000 pounds of CO2 every time you burn 473 gallons of gas.
That’s about three months’ worth of driving in a Hummer, or a year in a Prius.”
The less gas you carry around and use up the better—for the environment and
your wallet.
However, Mr. M goes on to clarify that gas prices
are important and subject to change in the upcoming years so the earlier you
purchase—the better. “Five dollar gasoline will probably exert the opposite
effect whenever it arrives, so get ‘em while the getting is good.”
Personally, I think the
Toyota Prius is an environment friendly and quality automobile. The more miles
you drive per month I think the more you should consider buying one because of
the savings you will make on fuel. I think hybrids, in general, are something
our society will need to get used to and should be more accustomed to. The
problems with global warming and pollution on our planet grows every day, I
believe one day we will need to quit using petroleum for our several forms of
transportation.
Talking about how your family owns a Prius really draws the attention of the reader because you have a personal connection to this post. I never knew that a Prius burned 473 gallons of gas in a year, that's a long time!
ReplyDeleteI also agree that this is an environment friendly car. I didn't know those facts about it either. This statistic: “You produce 9000 pounds of CO2 every time you burn 473 gallons of gas. That’s about three months’ worth of driving in a Hummer, or a year in a Prius.” That's crazy! People need to think twice when buying a car.
ReplyDeletethis article bought my attention. the first time i was thinking about buying a car. when i went to the Toyota Prius thats the only car get my attentions. so i had to get it. I believe Toyota are the best cars.
ReplyDeletei like the use of personal connection with the topic you did. i also agree that the Prius is an environment friendly car. granted i have never driven a Prius but after reading this i think differently about it versus the bad rumors you always here about the car.
ReplyDeleteI like that you had a personal connection with this topic, it gives us more insight on the subject, I had found the fact about the amount of CO2 produced shocking, I think to help this there should be regulations on the minimum of MPG a vehicle can have.
ReplyDelete