Write about something well done. What did you learn from this group? What part of the Presentation seemed the best?
Is there constructive criticism that would help this group? What might have been more clear? What part of the Presentation seemed the least polished?
Post comments for this group below this post, please, as we all need feedback, and it's valuable.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your presentation because I liked how you guys really emphasized how society impacted his career. I also really enjoyed the video that you guys showed and I thought it really reinforced your point. One thing that I would maybe do differently is put less information on the slide and give more of the presentation from your knowledge on the topic.
ReplyDeletethis presentation was one i really really enjoyed. being a big fan of sports myself and knowing of Jackie Robinson it was nice to get some real background information about him and his life before and after baseball. i would have liked to receive a little more context maybe in regards to the video clip.Overall an excellent presentation that was intriguing and fun to hear.
ReplyDeleteI think the best part of your presentation was the clip of the movie 42. It showed how the manager of the dodgers fought for Jackie Robinson and how he was committed to his rights as a player. I think that you guys could have polished up your slideshow a little better.
ReplyDeleteI think this was a good presentation, I've learned things from this I've never knew about Jackie Robinson because I never did the research. I never knew he was in the army or got honorably discharged. The part of the presentation that I liked the best was near the end with the use of the video clip, I felt it really tied your thesis and presentation together very well. Something that I might change for this presentation would have been the lack of pictures and color for the slides, it was just listed facts, good facts, about how Jackie Robinson was iconic.
ReplyDeleteI think your presentation was well organized and persuasive. I personally love the movie 42, and the clip you showed was helpful to understanding Jackie Robinson. Maybe telling us more about Branch Rickey and his tremendous impact on Robinson's career would have taken your presentation to the next level.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your presentation by how your interest in the subject was shown. I could tell that you made a connection with the subject and you did alot of research.
ReplyDeleteI wouldve made your powerpoint a little more interesting if I was in the group. By color and less points and more talking.
Before the presentation I knew a lot about Jackie Robinson from growing up with a brother who loved and plays baseball. I did not know though that he was in the army so that was cool to learn about. I also liked the clip you guys used from the movie 42 because that movie was great in showing the segregation Jackie faced throughout his baseball career. Maybe you guys could have gone into depth about the context of the video for those who haven't seen the movie but overall i really liked the presentation.
ReplyDeleteI thought the integration of the movie clip was a good addition to your presentation because it supported the idea of segregation in baseball during the time period. The only criticism I have is that the powerpoint could have used more pictures or colors just for aesthetics.
ReplyDeleteFrom this group I learned that Jackie Robinson changed the game of baseball. Robinson not only showed up the other players but he paved the way for other African Americans in baseball. Although he was an aggressive person, throughout this battle he kept himself composed. I really enjoyed the video, it really showed the audience what segregation and baseball was like. No one wanted to play with Robinson just because of his race.
ReplyDeleteThe only thing I would change about this presentation is to lead and set up the video more. I saw the movie beforehand so I knew who was talking in the short clip but for those who have not seen the movie some background would've helped.
I believe that the overall presentation given was exceptional. There was a clear and understandable focus to the direction the project took, which helped emphasize the iconic value of Jackie Robinson. Also the video clip from the movie "42" gave a visual of the pressures that segregation put on people. This definitely assisted in describing the iconic value of Jackie Robinson.
ReplyDeleteThe only criticism I have of the project is that the power point wasn't very visually appealing. Possibly a few more pictures of Robinson in the army, or of him playing baseball would have further enhanced the interpretation of Robinson as an icon.
This presentation was good. i really like the story about Jackie Robinson . i learned alot things from the presentation that i didnt know before.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your presentation. You guys seemed like you were well prepared with the information. The way you used the army as one of your iconic points I thought was smart because not many people know that about him. The movie clip was also a big part because a visual example I believe gives it a more realistic feeling. Not seeing the movie knowing who the two characters were before the clip may have been helpful.
ReplyDeleteI think you guys did a great job on showing how Jackie dealt with the segregation of baseball. I really learned about the struggles he faced as the first African American in an all white league and how many teams did not even want to play against him. I think that the best part of the presentation was your conclusion with the video. The video really tied together all the points you made about his struggles very nicely. My criticism for you is that it wasn't a very rehearsed presentation but you winged it well. You probably could have been a little more clear about who the men in the video were. The least polished part of your presentation was you conclusion after the video, since you let the video do the work. I really liked your presentation, nice job!
ReplyDeletethis group I learned that Jackie Robinson changed the game of baseball. Robinson teach every comes out their achieve career the other players demand on the best player.He also motivate in the baseball sport.I really like the clip, it's showed the present what segregation and baseball was like. The owner was honest treating equal to be fair for every player regardless of what color they are.
ReplyDelete